Developers, both new and experienced, all need an App Store page with great copy. Copy that draws a potential user in and explains exactly why they should download the app, game, or utility at hand.
Press kit copy is equally important. Developers on the lookout for press exposure need to tell journalists what their app can do, why it’s so important and, importantly, why they should tell their readers about it.
An app can be successful without great press kit copy or App Store copy. But why take the risk? Stack the odds in your favor and get a leg-up on the competition!
I can help with writing copy for your app, whether it’s a brand new game or an existing tool that needs a little boost. I’ve been writing about apps for around ten years and I see a lot of poor copy. Let me help make sure your app gets the attention it deserves.
I can offer:
- App Store copy for new and existing apps.
- Press kit copy that gives members of the media all the information they need without everything they don’t. Too much cruft and you’ll lose them.
- Also included will be two email templates for reaching out to press. One will be for new releases, the other for updates to existing ones.
- Website copy to tell people why they should use your app instead of your competition.
- Use your app. It sounds like a small thing, but how can anyone write great copy without knowing what they’re writing about?
- Write copy in the tone you prefer, whether that’s humorous or straight-laced. Whichever you require to ensure it matches your app and other assets related to it.
- Offer an initial draft for feedback. This is a two-way street and any and all feedback and tweaks are welcome. This is your app. I’m just helping you tell people about it.
Please do reach out about your needs and I’ll be able to pull a quote together that’s tailored just for you and your app.
Philip Trauner – Quantile
Anders Borum – Secure ShellFish